- Jin Oh – Selma Lähteenmäki: Uusi teos (sopr, cl, sax, vc, pno)
- Ossi Hiltunen – Elina Sallinen: Uusi teos (sopr, fl, cl, vl, vla, pno)
- Mathias Waenerberg – Maryam Magomedov : Uusi teos (sopr, fl, sax, vl)
- Sophia Chambon – Eeva Halonen: Uusi teos (sopr, fl, cl, vl, vla, pno)
- Þorkell Nordal – Elina Sallinen: Uusi teos (sopr, vl, vla, vc, pno)
The concert will feature new works by the Sibelius Academy’s composition students and the Theatre Academy’s writing and dramaturgy students. The pieces have been written for soprano Tuuli Lindeberg and the 7-member Uusinta Ensemble.
In the academic year 2021-2022, students have participated in a textual/poetry analysis course, during which participants have paired up and begun their collaboration. The pairs have continued their collaboration towards creating a finished piece during the academic year 2022-2023. The teachers in charge of the course have been Lecturer in Dramaturgy Jusa Peltoniemi, doctoral student of Dramaturgy Klaus Maunuksela and Professor of Composition Veli-Matti Puumala.
The concert has been preceded by Tuuli Lindeberg’s demonstrative lecture for composition students and a workshop with the ensemble. The composition students can also keep in touch with the ensemble’s musicians before and after the workshop. The workshop and the concert are a part of long-term artistic and educational activity in composition and music theory, which provides young composition students with the opportunity to develop their skills and network.
Tickets 18/11,50/6,50€ from Ticketmaster or 15/10/5€ from the Helsinki Music Centre ticket office